SEO Stats That Are Hard to Ignore
Search engine optimization continues to be one of the most difficult things for people to understand when it comes to online marketing. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural” or unpaid (“organic”) search results. The more your site is Search Engine optimized, the higher it will appear in Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. search results.
Whether you don’t understand, or don’t want to understand SEO, it’s very difficult to ignore just how valuable SEO can be for a blog or website. It is important that you continue to work and keep SEO as an important part of your online marketing. The statistics below should confirm this.
The Value of SEO
We found these important statistics here.
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Google owns 65-70% of the search engine market share.
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic.
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
- For Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
If you’re not sure where to start or need assistance improving your current SEO strategy, we can help! At Beanstalk Web Solutions, we specialize in Search Engine Optimization. We offer various packages: initial, upfront, site-wide SEO as well as ongoing SEO maintenance. The cost associated with having your site optimized can easily pay for itself over time as a steady stream of visitors and potential leads will find your site organically.