The SEO pros and cons are as follows:
1. Increased quality, targeted traffic to your site.
2. Increased sales which helps improve your bottom line
3. Higher search engine ranking
4. You gain the knowledge you need to stay at the top of the search engine results pages.
5. Eventually if you keep doing the right things, your site will be considered an authority site by human visitors as well as the search engines.
The cons can include:
1. Having to spend the money on training. It can get quite expensive and you just never know if the information you are getting is as reliable as it could be.
2. SEO information is always changing so much so that, to keep up, you need to continually be “in the know” and update your training frequently.
Do A Little Research to Master The Basics of SEO
Do yourself a favor and take some time to learn the latest techniques and methods of search engine optimization as inexpensively as possible. There are resources out there that you can access for free that will teach you what you need to know.
Self-Learn or Hire Someone to Manage Your SEO campaign
There are many ways to get your training for optimizing your website. You can learn on your own and initiate the things you learn as you go. This can be time-consuming but in the long run the information you learn will be with you forever.
You could buy a training course online and learn at your own pace or you can hire someone to teach you first-hand how to do the things you need to do.
Lastly, you could just go ahead and hire someone to take on all of the SEO pros and cons and do it all for you if you do not think you have the time or the inclination to do it yourself.
Source: Online Marketing 101