Content will always be the primary asset of a great sale, and continuously improving sales happen when enticing content can be seen on your actual site.
When maneuvering your way into the vast world of sales, there are a lot of ways to improve conversion. However, only a few of them are effective. In fact, sometimes these methods are the only thing that may help.
What many business owners don’t realize is that when you use the power of content correctly, you’ll have a higher opportunity to push clients through a sale. But how can an individual achieve this? Let’s take a good look at how it’s done using these crucial steps:
- Descriptive yet concise content
It’s crucial that when a client is browsing through your website that all the necessary information is present, leaving no part of it to be vague. This makes it easier for customers to make a conclusive decision about buying the product or service that you offer.
But how are you going to make this a possibility? The first step is to make sure that you have a high-quality description of your product or business. Here are the pointers on how you can do this:
- Keep the description under 150 words. Unless you intend to increase your SEO efforts with a book-like number of words, people don’t like to read huge chunks of text. Instead, they just brush through the content to look for the information they’re initially searching for in a product.
- Avoid using jargon–use a description that can be understood by everyone. Not all of your clients are familiar with what you’re selling and it may push them away from your targeted sale.
- Write clear and concise information about the benefits of the product. For example, “this, music keyboard is ergonomically designed to give the user a more relaxed experience” is a statement that is ten times better than saying, “this keyboard has a wrist rest.”
- Let your OCD kick in–check that all words are spelled correctly and ensure that proper grammar and punctuation is used. A simple mistake may lead to your content being inadequate which could prevent prospective customers from actually buying the product.
Writing informative information about products or services can help people understand what you offer and give them a more informed decision about the business they’re choosing.
- A picture paints a thousand words, but videos help too!
Visualization can help you portray things that words can’t cover, and images and videos play a significant role when it comes to selling your product. Pictures and short films are the best means to allow clients to imagine what your product is. The majority of clients would like to have a “peek” at what they’re about to purchase. Here are some tips on how to do it properly:
- Make sure that the image is crisp and clear. A minimum 720p resolution for your photo would be an excellent way to go, making sure that even if a client is to view your gallery on their phone, it is in high-quality.
- Make sure to post images that make sense and videos that are informative to the actual service or product you offer.
- Take the photos and videos yourself, then edit and upload them to your site. Make sure that the content is not something that anyone can grab from any website.
- Give feedback for the feedback
This next tip that I’m about to give you would include a combination of the first two steps that we’ve done so far. After the sales increase due to the minimalistic approach in the content and the helpful addition of photos and videos, we’re going to show the clients something about how the product’s effectiveness benefits other clients from their testimonials.
- Remember that feedback is always valuable whether it is good or bad. Create a feedback chart for a customer to interact with you through your website; making them feel like a part of your business could create a positive impact.
- Be honest, show people the real side without lies. No company has ever gained only positive reviews. Let clients see a feedback chart that would show a 75/25 ratio of positive to negative reviews.
- When reacting to specific feedback, keep in mind that your reaction should reflect how the company works. Be polite and respectful in a very professional manner. Remember that other clients have access to your feedback chart and portraying a positive interaction with clients would promote your good character to potential clients.
In gaining and responding to feedback in a professional manner, you have the ability to really improve your business for the better.
How you write the content for your website should always be a personal way of how you promote yourself and the business itself. The website and marketing experts at U-Thrive Marketing and Beanstalk Web Solutions are aware of the value of good content in any marketing plan. With this guideline to assist you in the content process, you’re sure to reach your intended customers and help push them through the sales funnel.
I am the founder of U-Thrive Marketing the premier digital marketing and website development firm in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We have helped hundreds of businesses across the US put their business on the map online. We specialize in generating additional customers for the companies we work with by utilizing tried and tested online marketing tactics such as Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click & Social Media marketing. I have been personally featured on many national and local publications with content related to online marketing.